.Hi, these my two questions, thanks for your help.
1. What does " last a second" mean in this sentence? Does this sentence mean " you're not gonna die in this place unless I do something about it" ?
No - not last a second = won't survive [You aren't going to survive in here unless I do something about it]
Scripts both from Prison Break 01x03
Lincoln - I'm going to kill that scum.
Michael - You won't. You kill him, you kill our express ticket out of here.
L - Look what he did to you, you're not gonna last a second in this place unless I do something about it.
M - You ever hear of Top Flight Charters?
L - Yeah.
M - They operate flights from small airfields across the Midwest,
- like the one ten miles from here.
- They're run by a shell corporation Abruzzi owns.
- We get him on board,
- there's gonna be a midnight flight waiting for us the night we get outside those walls.
2. Fiance would be a good place to start. What does this sentence mean?
Fiancé - man you are going to marry [presumably Michael is referring to Veronica's fiancé, Sebastian]
Veronica - She got spooked, she took off before I could get anything out of her. She's holed up in the Elysian Fields Projects. I'm going to go see her this afternoon.
Michael - Place is dangerous. You should take someone with you.
V - Who?
M - Fiance would be a good place to start.
V - I think that's probably the last thing in the world Sebastian'd ever want to do.
M - It's good to see you.
V - You, too.
Thanks and have a nice day!
Student or Learner