Why some people use thank you more than others?

WHY SOME PEOPLE USE THANK YOU MORE THAN OTHERS?????

This might sound stupid question, but in UK even children as young as 2 years old will say tah=thank you. I have notice that Thank You in England is most used in every day living. Please don't take me wrong I am sure people from other country's also use thank you but for what I have notice they use for more significant reasons.
    In England Thank You for being my friend, thank you for calling, thank you for passing me a butter...... I love that! I don't think it is any thing to do with what level of intelligence we have. Another popular word is sorry almost for everything, sorry for being late, sorry if I misunderstood, sorry for for what happen......
    Also How Are You? this one is vital in England

Re: Why some people use thank you more than others?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPenny View Post
    WHY SOME PEOPLE USE THANK YOU MORE THAN OTHERS?????

This might sound stupid question, but in UK even children as young as 2 years old will say tah=thank you. I have notice that Thank You in England is most used in every day living. Please don't take me wrong I am sure people from other country's also use thank you but for what I have notice they use for more significant reasons.
    In England Thank You for being my friend, thank you for calling, thank you for passing me a butter...... I love that! I don't think it is any thing to do with what level of intelligence we have. Another popular word is sorry almost for everything, sorry for being late, sorry if I misunderstood, sorry for for what happen......
    Also How Are You? this one is vital in England

You should try living in France. Everybody wishes everybody else a 'good day', a 'good evening', and a 'good night'. Everybody greets eachother with a 'how are you ?' and a handshake or a kiss. To walk down the street where I live, is an endless series of meetings and greetings and if you happen to see the same person twice during the day, you have to say 'rebonjour' (good day again). It's all very nice and civil, but it's a bit disingenuous.

I think 'ta' is a dreadful expression and the English habit for apologizing is just because we are afraid to offend. "Do you have any idea what it's like to be British ?', asked John Cleese in 'A Fish Called Wanda'.

Re: Why some people use thank you more than others?

Children use TA as they have difficulty with pronunciation of saying Thank YOU, my point is that even 2 years old can say thank you.
    For me personally is never to much when others ask me how am I? or for that matter saying sorry or using often thank you words.
    Do I know what is like to be British? Well I live in England so I think I have some idea of what is like to feel English and I hold British Citizenship. Let me clarify that I have born in Poland and I am not a patriot as I could live in any part of the world for as long things goes my way and England it is the one for me. I have to admit I am in progress with learning english language and yes it is my second language.
    I have been in France and I did enjoy, but I have to say with my boyfriend being english, people didn't ask or kiss trust me on that.
    Some time I wonder is England so successful is it because they just know how to make money ignoring personal matters and continue to smile saying thank you as they serving their customers, because it is the wright thing to do.