• Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Headings

Hi,

Which one of the following three headings looks best?

1. Mid-Semester Exams Issues and Problems Raised by the Students of BCS IE
    2. Problems Faced in the Mid-Semester Exams by the Students of BCS IE
    3. Problems and Issues regarding the Mid-Semester Examination Policy
    By the way, if you think that none of them is that much good, please please give me your suggestions.

Thanks

Mr. Nutty

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

Re: Headings

I'm not a teacher, but I have worked as a tutor with a nursing student for the last 3 years, from before her baccalaureate and on into her Master's. In a session just this afternoon we were discussing headings for assignments, looking over several for ideas. Of the three you present, my choice would be for number three. It is short and concise. It explains the subject matter with clarity and without awkward phrasing, although I'm wondering why "of BCS IE" was left out of that option.

I like 3 for the same reasons...but it sounds like it is written by an academic for the Faculty, as if 'there might be administrative problems'; or, 'our policy is discriminatory'
    If it will be automatically understood that this report is from the student perspective, then it's not an issue.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by stuartnz View Post
    I'm not a teacher, but I have worked as a tutor with a nursing student for the last 3 years, from before her baccalaureate and on into her Master's. In a session just this afternoon we were discussing headings for assignments, looking over several for ideas. Of the three you present, my choice would be for number three. It is short and concise. It explains the subject matter with clarity and without awkward phrasing, although I'm wondering why "of BCS IE" was left out of that option.

I do want to keep that part in the 3rd option also, but don't know how it can be used in it. Can you give me an idea. please.?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Nutty View Post
    I do want to keep that part in the 3rd option also, but don't know how it can be used in it. Can you give me an idea. please.?

Would "BCS IE: Problems and Issues regarding the Mid-Semester Examination Policy" be an acceptable option?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Let me be very clear. Yesterday, we had a session in our class, in which we students discussed our individually faced problems with our English Teacher. He asked me to make a table consisting of three columns, namely, Student's Name, Problem Areas and Teacher's Suggestions. Actually, he didn't tell me the headings and names of columns, I have suggested them myself. He just asked me to write the problem next to the name of a student. I am not sure whether the headings and names that I have choosen are appropriate or not. I am copying the whole table below to be clearer in dipicting you the situation. Please have a look at it for mistakes and oddities.

Problems regarding the Mid-Semester Examination Policy

Student's Name -----------------------Faced Problems---------------------Teacher's Suggestions

Miss. Rose-------------------- Time Management------- To be filled in by the teacher

Miss. Sarah--------------- Encumbered with a lot of assignments, and didn't---- Same
    ----------------------------have enough time to prepare for the exams

Mr. Matt -----------------The pace of the class caused difficulties. ------------Same

Mr. Nick------------------- Couldn't keep pace with the -----------------------Same
    -------------------------class, beause of late admission

Mr. Martin ---------------- Lack of Concentration -----------------------------Same
    ------------------------------- Lack of Ideas

Mr. Austin------------- Couldn't understand the examination policy------------- Same

Mr. Richard -------------Wanted some day gaps for preparation ----------------Same

Mr. John --------------------------No problems-------------------------------Same

P.S. I haven't stated all the students' problems, for I realize you won't have enough time to go through all of them.

Thank you

Mr. Nutty
    Last edited by Mister Nutty; 18-Mar-2008 at 13:33.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

None of these problems sound like problems related to the examination policy.

Mid-Year Issues Faced by the Students in BCS IE