correct?

Hi,

could you please tell me whether the highlighted expressions are correct:

The client shall also be in delay in the event of providing incorrect documents until the documents are corrected. The contractor shall notify the client of the errors in documents within 5 days of their receipt from the client.

What other expressions could be used here?

Thanks a lot!

Hanka

Re: correct?

The client shall also incur delay in the event of providing erroneous or incomplete documentation, and until such time that this is rectified. The contractor shall notify the client of the errors in documentation within 5 days of their receipt.

and is "and" necessary before "until ..."?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Yes, the "and" should stay because there are 2 things that will cause a delay: incorrect documents and the time taken for their correction.

Quote Originally Posted by susiedqq View Post
    Yes, the "and" should stay because there are 2 things that will cause a delay: incorrect documents and the time taken for their correction.
    I understand it as 1 thing causing a delay (erroneous documents) which delay is going to last until the documents are corrected.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Suppose I am your client. I submit papers to you and the paper is not complete. It needs my signature and the signature of the banker.

You call me and I come to your office and sign the paper two days later. I have corrected my part. The banker is on vacation and cannot sign the paper until 2 weeks from now. Because the paper is not complete or corrected, now there is going to be an additional delay.

I start to argue with you that since my correction was done, I am not responsible for the delay.

But you can go back to the contract and point out that the delay is based on the correction of the paper, not just my part of it.

keep the "and until"

susieddgq: please comment on my use of 'erroneous'. I had to go out for a few hours, and it's been at the back of my (uneasy) mind.
    If an incorrect document was submitted by the client, then from the company point of view, the documentation is 'incomplete' until the required document is substituted. This holds also when a required document is not included - the documentation is 'incomplete'...and I've covered both aspects by using 'incomplete'
    Where I feel very uneasy in my post to Hanka: as I recall from past posts, she is working in a freight company, where figures relating to volume of goods are supplied by the client, or at least some company where I quotes come into it. I was thinking along the idea of 'erroneous' information (figures); but I am very doubtful as to whether we would use the word with regard to 'documentation" - I think 'incorrect' might be the better word.
    What do you and any moderator with a little time to spare think?
    I am happy to stand corrected on this one and admit my thinking through of my choice was 'incomplete'.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Orders are "placed" with a company.

"Wrong" shipping orders can be revised or confirmed.

And then there are "Incomplete orders" or "Pending orders" i. e. when a vital piece of information is missing or there is an error.