• Post Thanks / Like

could you take a look at this?

Hello there,

Could you tell me, please, if the following text is perfectly OK? If not - what's wrong and why? Thanks in advance!

I had a couple of situations that happened when I was in Holland, and in the Czech Republic. When I was on a trip in Amsterdam, most of the boys wanted to see the famous Arena stadium. But as the map showed, the stadium was about 3 hours’ walk from the city center. So I came u with an idea of catching a bus, or any other kind of public transport. The group divided into two competing teams. The smaller group came along with me, the bigger one decided to “find their own way”. To cut the long story short – I, and five other persons reached our destination, and the way to the stadium took us only 20 minutes (we caught the subway) while the bigger group never reached the Arena, and had to leave empty-handed. Another situation happened to me about 3 years ago when I decided to visit the Czech Repubilic on my own, alone. My destination was the city of Brno, which is in the southern parts of the country. The reason I decided to go was because a rock concert was going to be there, by a band called Ten Years After (its band members are around sixty-year-olds musicians) which played at the first Woodstock Festival in 1969. So when I found out that they had reunited, it was a quick decision to make as I had only five days. I took care of the tickets for the concert and for the train, spoke to my parents (they were really against the idea of my going alone, especially that it was in winter) and set off. When I finally reached the city, after a long trip, I had to find the venue, and since Brno is a big city it wasn’t going to be easy. However, with some help of Czech girls whom I met along the way, I found the venue, and got into the right tram. Everything went fine. The concert was great and I met some fantastic people who helped me a lot. Even though I was alone, it was an amazing adventure. I had two more quite similar events, but I think I’ve already used too much space here.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: could you take a look at this?

I experienced a couple situations when I was in Holland and the Czech Republic. When I was on a trip in Amsterdam, most of the boys wanted to see the famous Arena stadium. But as the map showed, the stadium was about a 3-hour walk from the city center. So I came up with the idea of catching a bus or using some kind of public transport. The group divided into two competing teams. The smaller group came along with me, the bigger one decided to “find their own way." In short, I and five other persons reached our destination and found the way to the stadium in 20 minutes by catching the subway. The bigger group never reached the Arena and had to leave empty-handed. Another situation happened to me about 3 years ago when I decided to visit the Czech Repubilic on my own. My destination was the city of Brno, which is in the southern part of the country. The reason I decided to go was because a rock concert was going to be given by a band called Ten Years After. Its band members are around sixty years old and are the original musicians that played at the first Woodstock Festival in 1969. When I found out that they had reunited, it was a quick decision to make, since I only had five days. I took care of the tickets for the concert and for the train, spoke to my parents - they were really against the idea of my going alone, especially since it was winter - and set off. When I finally reached the city after a long trip, I had to find the venue. Since Brno is a big city, it wasn’t going to be easy. However, with some help of Czech girls whom I met along the way, I found the venue and caught the right tram. Everything went fine. The concert was great and I met some fantastic people who helped me a lot. Even though I was alone, it was an amazing adventure. I had two more quite similar events, but I think I’ve explained enough already.