letter to PhD dissertation committee

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmsummers

Member Type
Student or Learner
I have to write a letter after 3 years of not talking to my dissertation committee members (except for my advisor). After such a long time i am hesitating about how to address them.

Dear Committee members,

I hope you are all doing fine and had a great easter weekend. I have recently finished writing up my dissertation and hope to defend soon. I understand Dr Browder has already forwarded the complete dissertation to each one of you. I should send a complete version with an update of the references and a table of contents soon. Hoping there are no objections i would want to set a defense date if possible this semester. In the meantime I am currently working with Krystal Wright, the administrative assistant of the UAP department, so that i can get all my paperwork ready for defense. You will soon receive two forms in your mail. The first is a change of committee form in order to drop Dr Ronald Wakefield, previously in my committee when I presented my plan of study. Dr. Wakefield is no longer at Virginia Tech. The paperwork to drop Dr. Ronald Wakefield from my committee and add Dr. Randoph Wynne is pending. The second form that needs to be signed is a course justification/revalidation form. This is required for all coursework that is in my plan of study but which by the time of defense is already more than 5 years old.
I hope to hear from each one of you soon,
Thank you for your help,
Sincerely,

Percy

susiedqq

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear Committee members,

I greet you again after a three-year absence. During this time, I have finished writing my dissertation and hope to defend soon. I understand Dr. Browder has already forwarded the complete dissertation to each one of you. I will be sending a completed version with an updated reference and a table of contents soon. Hoping there are no objections, I will want to set a defense date this semester, if possible. In the meantime, I am currently working with Krystal Wright, the administrative assistant of the UAP department, so that I can ready all my paperwork for for defense. You will soon receive two forms in the mail. The first is a change of committee form in order to drop Dr Ronald Wakefield, a previous member in my committee when I presented my plan of study. Dr. Wakefield is no longer at Virginia Tech. The paperwork to exclude Dr. Ronald Wakefield from my committee and to add Dr. Randoph Wynne is pending. The second form that needs to be signed is a course justification/revalidation form. This is required for all coursework in my study plan which, by the time of defense, will be more than 5 years old.

I hope to hear from each one of you soon,

Thank you for your help,

Sincerely,

Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.