• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Tuvalu
      • Current Location:
      • Tuvalu

is this ok?

"I am trying to use my speech recognition system but it doesn't work any good at all.
    I wonder if you received an email I sent you 2 days ago, about your idea of moving to ...
    I am bringing this subject up only because you demonstrated real interest in the idea.
    I just don't want to proceed and, afterwards, find out that you really wanted to ...
    I need an answer, asap given that I need to start making a few arrangements."

hi,
    is this text fine?
    thanks.

Re: is this ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jctgf View Post
    "I am trying to use my speech recognition system but it doesn't work any good at all. at all/particularly well

I wonder if you received an e-mail I sent you 2 days ago, about your idea of moving to ...

I am bringing this subject up only because you demonstrated real interest in the idea.

I just don't want to proceed and, afterwards, find out that you really wanted to ...

I need an answer asap given that I need to start making a few arrangements."

hi,
    is this text fine?
    thanks.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Tuvalu
      • Current Location:
      • Tuvalu

hi Anglika,
    Do you think "any good at all" is definitely wrong?
    I have been seeing it around and wonder if it's a poor expression that, unfortunately, caught on.
    thanks.

You could say "It isn't any good at all". You cannot say "doesn't work any good".

Your sentence would need a rewrite:

"I am trying to use my speech recognition system but it isn't any good at all."