Please check my cover letter

Hello all,
    can you please check my cover later:

Dear sir,
    I read your job posting for a Java developer with interest.
    Programming for me is not just a career that I want to start, I enjoy programming and I believe that I have some programming skills that need to be professionalized by getting more experience.

For the last 7 months I have been involved in industrial engineering studies seeking for more knowledge and experience. I’m also working for DHL aviation since 2005

I’m a junior developer; I did one year of C++ and Two years of java.
    In my graduation year “2007”, two colleagues and I were very interested in electronics and (MMI) man–machine interaction, that’s why we have chosen our graduation project to be about creating an application that would monitor and remotely control power supplies located in 650 places in Belgium. Fortunately, we had great success.

I also had a visual basic.net course in Antwerpen “VDAB” with score of 31 out of 35,
    One year ago, I stared learning C#, but I stopped after I have mastered all basics.

My English skills are good, but I still need to improve them. I also have basic Dutch conversation skills that need to be improved.

I’m ready for any kind of training; I have no problem for travelling or working remotely.
    At the moment I’m looking for (part time job or weekend job “if possible”) otherwise I will go for full time job.
    For the last 3 years I have successfully combined studies with work, that’s why I believe that I can go further in my studies while extending my skills in java development.

I have the Belgian nationality so I don’t need to have work permit.
    I’m available starting from the last week of April.
    Additional writing samples and my resume are attached. If I can provide you with any further information on my background and qualifications, please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you for your consideration.
    Kind regards,
    Last edited by mike009; 25-Mar-2008 at 13:02.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Please check my cover letter

Try:
    I read with interest your job posting for a Jave developer.
    Programming is not just a career for me.
    I have some programming skills that can be improved with experience.
    For the last seven months I have been involved in industrial engineering studies, and I have been seeking fmore knowledge and experience.
    I've been working for DHL aviation since 2005.
    Iím ready for any kind of training; I have no problem with travelling or working remotely.
    I am a Belgian national, so I donít need to have a work permit.