• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

please correct me

Yes, the spare part is ready and able to ship., there are only 1 cbm, please provide us your shipping instruction ASAP. Here is the packing list for your reference. Sorry for my misunderstanding

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Smile Re: please correct me

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2008 View Post
    Yes, the spare part is ready and able to ship., there are only 1 cbm, please provide us your shipping instruction ASAP. Here is the packing list for your reference. Sorry for my misunderstanding

Yes, the spare part is ready, and available for shipping. There is only 1 CBM. Please provide your shipping address ASAP. For your reference, the packing list is attached. Apologies for my misunderstanding (of your question).

I do not know what you mean by CBM, so I cannot confirm the correction with regard that comment.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

Re: please correct me

I'm not a teacher, but here's my suggestion:

Yes, the spare part is ready and able to be shipped, there is only 1 cbm, please provide us your shipping instructions ASAP. Here is the packing list for your reference. Sorry about the misunderstanding. (Or, Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding)

Quote Originally Posted by stuartnz View Post

Yes, the spare part is ready and able to be shipped, there is only 1 cbm, please provide us your shipping instructions ASAP. Here is the packing list for your reference. Sorry about the misunderstanding. (Or, Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding)
    I think that is not whole true but a minor mistake!

Yes, the spare part is ready and able to be shipped, there is only 1 cbm, please provide us your shipping instructions ASAP. Here is the packing list for your reference. Sorry about misunderstanding. (Or, Please accept my apologies for misunderstanding)

Thank you!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by proof.beh View Post
    I think that is not whole true but a minor mistake!

Yes, the spare part is ready and able to be shipped, there is only 1 cbm, please provide us your shipping instructions ASAP. Here is the packing list for your reference. Sorry about misunderstanding. (Or, Please accept my apologies for misunderstanding)

Thank you!
    If you are referring to my using the phrase "the misunderstanding" rather than just "misunderstanding", it was not a mistake. It was a rephrasing. "Misunderstanding" exists as a noun in English, in addition to being a conjugation of the verb "misunderstand". Here is the OED's entry:
    misunderstanding, n.
    1. Failure to understand; mistaking of the meaning of something; an instance of this, a misconception or misinterpretation.

I am in the habit of using the noun with my staff. If they do not understand my directions correctly, I will call it a "misunderstaning" rather than saying "you misunderstood". This softens the tone, and makes it less accusatory.

I hope the above explanation has cleared up any misunderstanding.
    Last edited by stuartnz; 27-Mar-2008 at 09:21. Reason: insert missing apostrophe

Quote Originally Posted by stuartnz View Post
    If you are referring to my using the phrase "the misunderstanding" rather than just "misunderstanding", it was not a mistake. It was a rephrasing. "Misunderstanding" exists as a noun in English, in addition to being a conjugation of the verb "misunderstand". Here is the OED's entry:
    misunderstanding, n.
    1. Failure to understand; mistaking of the meaning of something; an instance of this, a misconception or misinterpretation.

I am in the habit of using the noun with my staff. If they do not understand my directions correctly, I will call it a "misunderstaning" rather than saying "you misunderstood". This softens the tone, and makes it less accusatory.

I hope the above explanation has cleared up any misunderstanding.
    As I got you, that is used to be a noun in your point of view, even though ,hence, the initial writing was correct, merely "my misunderstanding". But what I wanted to say was to correct your mistake being about using an infinitive after for. I mean I've been thought of that why you corrected it while it as a noun was true.

Thank you!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by proof.beh View Post
    But what I wanted to say was to correct your mistake being about using an infinitive after for.
    Thank you!
    I'm getting lost here, so I'll just say that I did not use an infinitive after "for". Now I really am misunderstanding, so I'll quit before the misunderstanding gets worse.