Results 1 to 3 of 3

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 4

    phonetics-vowel diagram

    Please, help! I looked everywhere and I can't find out how are those lines in a vowel diagram called? The ones that denote closeness and backness of a vowel. Are they called Cardinal lines?

  1. Neillythere's Avatar
    Senior Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 536

    Re: phonetics-vowel diagram

    Try the following reference:

    Vowel diagram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It should help.

    Last edited by Neillythere; 18-Apr-2008 at 05:54.

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 1

    Re: phonetics-vowel diagram

    Thank you so much.

Similar Threads

  1. Teaching phonetics
    By Mohammed Abu Risha in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-Feb-2008, 11:00
  2. Diagram this sentence
    By Unregistered in forum Analysing and Diagramming Sentences
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-May-2007, 16:36
  3. Venn Diagram of English Verb patterns
    By Andy in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 27-Jun-2004, 11:07
  4. tone languages
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-Mar-2004, 16:54
  5. phonology and phonetics
    By Anonymous in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-Mar-2004, 16:48


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts