What does "...have be on the sidelines" mean?

Hello,

I am translating a letter from a mother who recovered from heart attack and expresssed her appreciation to a medical device company.

In a letter,she said,

"I have two young sons, ages 3 and 5, that will hopefully have me on the sidelines for game they will ever play. I know that it will be much more likely with the help of my stents, my medicines, .........."

I didn't get what she wanted to say in the first sentence, especially about the game.

Could someone help me to understand what she wants to tell?

Thank you,
    Higurashi

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: What does "...have be on the sidelines" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by higurashi View Post
    Hello,

I am translating a letter from a mother who recovered from heart attack and expresssed her appreciation to a medical device company.

In a letter,she said,

"I have two young sons, ages 3 and 5, that will hopefully have me on the sidelines for game they will ever play. I know that it will be much more likely with the help of my stents, my medicines, .........."

I didn't get what she wanted to say in the first sentence, especially about the game.
    She hopes that she will be able to be on the sidelines (= close to the playing field) watching her sons in any sports games her sons may play.

Could someone help me to understand what she wants to say?

Thank you,
    Higurashi