my stupid question

what's the meaning of "okidoki"?
    I am an new guy here, so is there anybody can tell me that?
    thanks a lot!

Re: my stupid question

okey-doke or okey-dokey is a form of saying OK.

"1839, only survivor of a slang fad in Boston and New York c.1838-9 for abbreviations of common phrases with deliberate, jocular misspellings (cf. K.G. for "no go," as if spelled "know go"); in this case, "oll korrect." Further popularized by use as an election slogan by the O.K. Club, New York boosters of Democratic president Martin Van Buren's 1840 re-election bid, in allusion to his nickname Old Kinderhook, from his birth in the N.Y. village of Kinderhook. Van Buren lost, the word stuck, in part because it filled a need for a quick way to write an approval on a document, bill, etc. The noun is first attested 1841; the verb 1888. Spelled out as okeh, 1919, by Woodrow Wilson, on assumption that it represented Choctaw okeh "it is so" (a theory which lacks historical documentation); this was ousted quickly by 'okay' after the appearance of that form in 1929. Okey-doke is student slang first attested 1932."

I wonder if it is the British slant on an originally American expressions?- I'm not really sure but maybe....here in the Phil. we use this expression, another way of saying "it's ok", "okay" I remember we had a sitcom (situation comedy) on TV entitled "Oki Doki Dok" the Dr. there was a veterinarian and the stories were different everytime they aired on TV, I mean the segment of the story. That was the first time I heard about Oki Dokey...it's more of an informal expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    I wonder if it is the British slant on an originally American expressions?- I'm not really sure but maybe....here in the Phil. we use this expression, another way of saying "it's ok", "okay" I remember we had a sitcom (situation comedy) on TV entitled "Oki Doki Dok" the Dr. there was a veterinarian and the stories were different everytime they aired on TV, I mean the segment of the story. That was the first time I heard about Oki Dokey...it's more of an informal expression.
    I've heard it said by Americans too.