Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. alyssabc's Avatar

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 157
    #1

    Question geography

    Nearly 85 percent of Turkmenistan is covered by

    A.mountains

    B.a vast desert

    C.tundra

    D.plains


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434
    #2

    Re: geography

    This is your third post with the title Geography. Please do not use the same title for different posts.

    I suggest that you do a little searching on the internet for your answers to these - they are not an English problem.

  2. banderas's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,512
    #3

    Re: geography

    Quote Originally Posted by alyssabc View Post
    Nearly 85 percent of Turkmenistan is covered by

    A.mountains

    B.a vast desert

    C.tundra

    D.plains
    see this:

    Turkmenistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. alyssabc's Avatar

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 157
    #4

    Smile Re: geography

    thanks a lot banderas

  4. banderas's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,512
    #5

    Re: geography

    Quote Originally Posted by alyssabc View Post
    thanks a lot banderas
    you are welcome!

  5. stuartnz's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,370
    #6

    Re: geography

    I'm not a teacher, but I would suggest that alyssabc read the note for this forum that says, "we don't do homework". Exploiting banderas' good nature to get answers that you could research yourself does not seem to fit the purpose of this forum. That's probably why banderas is the only one answering you, because other people are trying to discourage the use of this forum for other than its intended purpose.

  6. banderas's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,512
    #7

    Re: geography

    Quote Originally Posted by stuartnz View Post
    I'm not a teacher, but I would suggest that alyssabc read the note for this forum that says, "
    we don't do homework". I do not see any one doing homewrok for her.

    Exploiting banderas' good nature to get answers that you could research yourself does not seem to fit the purpose of this forum. That's probably why banderas is the only one answering you, because other people are trying to discourage the use of this forum for other than its intended purpose.
    That is true that her questions are not really related to English.

  7. stuartnz's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,370
    #8

    Re: geography

    Quote Originally Posted by banderas View Post
    I do not see any one doing homework for her.
    It would seem that you are doing her homework for her. She posts a series of questions in school format that are unrelated to English, and you obligingly answer them, removing any need for her to do the work someone (likely a teacher) was expecting her to do. It is little wonder that alyssabc is grateful to you, since she's discovered a way to avoid doing the work for herself.

  8. banderas's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,512
    #9

    Re: geography

    Quote Originally Posted by stuartnz View Post
    It would seem that you are doing her homework for her. She posts a series of questions in school format that are unrelated to English, and you obligingly answer them, removing any need for her to do the work someone (likely a teacher) was expecting her to do. It is little wonder that alyssabc is grateful to you, since she's discovered a way to avoid doing the work for herself.
    What makes you think that I answer her questions?For your information: I do not. Period.
    If you are still in doubt, Anglika does not see anything wrong neither in pointing her to place where she can do her homewrok herself!
    https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/a...geography.html
    cheers

  9. stuartnz's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,370
    #10

    Re: geography

    Quote Originally Posted by banderas View Post
    What makes you think that I answer her questions?For your information: I do not. Period.
    If you are still in doubt, Anglika does not see anything wrong neither in pointing her to place where she can do her homewrok herself!
    https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/a...geography.html
    cheers
    I'm just hoping that karmic justice will be satisfied by her being silly enough to trust Wikipedia. If she regurgitates whatever she finds there withut seeking independent confirmation, you'll hear my schadenfreude laughs from here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. geography
    By alyssabc in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-Apr-2008, 10:58
  2. geography
    By alyssabc in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-Apr-2008, 01:11
  3. geography
    By alyssabc in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-Apr-2008, 17:50
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-Jul-2006, 03:11
  5. Geography
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-Feb-2004, 03:31

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •