I'm a Brit but ,although not a teacher, I would have said as follows:
- Be more familiar with basic English grammar and rules of use.
- Be more comfortable and competent in using grammatical structures in conversations and writing.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of punctuation in writing.
- Ask questions and respond to questions with accurate grammar.
- Discuss and write about their educational, personal and everyday lives in the present and past tenses.
- Apply standard English grammar when writing a paragraph.
Minor tweaks, but otherwise OK, as far as I'm concerned.
Bear in mind that these are bullets rather than formal, complete sentences.