• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

Please correct my text

First, Members noted that Mr. Chan and Ms. Lee would be leave our company by the end of April; the chairman would like thanks of them for their valuables contributions to work in our China and Korea in the past years, and wishing them to enjoy their happy retiring time and good future. Second, welcome for our General Manager Mr. Chang was invited to our company from December 2007. He will succeed Ms. Chan as a ISO consultant.

Re: Please correct my text

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2008 View Post
    First, members noted that Mr. Chan and Ms. Lee will be leaving our company at the end of April; the chairman would like to thank them for their valuable contributions to our work in China and Korea over the past years, wishes them all the best for the future and hopes they will enjoy their retirement. Second, we welcome Mr. Chang was joined our company as General Manager in December 2007. He will succeed Ms. Chan as an ISO consultant.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Just some suggestions. Are these minutes of a meeting?

First, members noted that Mr. Chan and Ms. Lee will leave the company at the end of April; the chairman thanked them for their valuable contributions to our work in China and Korea over the past years, wished them all the best for the future and an enjoyable retirement. Second, we welcomedMr. Chang, who joined our company as General Manager in December 2007. He will succeed Ms. Chan as an ISO consultant.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by susiedqq View Post
    Just some suggestions. Are these minutes of a meeting?
    Hi Susieqq,

Yes, this is a meeting minutes. Thanks for your correction

Regards,
    Zoe

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2008 View Post
    First, Members noted that would be leave would like thanks of them for their valuables contributions to work in our China and Korea in the past years, and wishing them to enjoy their happy retiring time and good future. was invited to our company from December 2007. He will succeed
    Hi,
    you would better to write in this way:
    members noted that Mr. Chan and Ms. Lee would leave our company by the end of April; the chairman is going to thank them for their honest contributions through working in our China and Korea agencies in the previous years and wish them a good future by enjoying their retirement.Second, welcome for our General Manager Mr. Chang who were invited to our company since December 2007.He will asign Ms. Chan as a ISO consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by pariya View Post
    Hi,
    you would better to write in this way:
    members noted that Mr. Chan and Ms. Lee would leave our company by the end of April; the chairman is going to thank them for their honest contributions through working in our China and Korea agencies in the previous years and wish them a good future by enjoying their retirement.Second, welcome for our General Manager Mr. Chang who were invited to our company since December 2007.He will asign Ms. Chan as a ISO consultant.
    Can you explain why you use a conditional rather than a simple future?

Why would the minutes of a meeting say the chairman is going to thank these people?

How many Mr Changs joined the company?

Zoe - At the start of the text you refer to Mr Chan and Ms Lee; at the end you say Mr Chang will replace Ms Chan.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Zoe - At the start of the text you refer to Mr Chan and Ms Lee; at the end you say Mr Chang will replace Ms Chan.
    Hi Anglika,

Yes, you are correct. This is my typo. Thank you for your reminder

Regards,
    Zoe