1. Unregistered

Feels Unconfident

Hi,
    Sir, I am Mujeeb from Pakistan. sir My Problem is that When i talk english I feel that i am suffering from lack of confidence while talking in front of some people,I m weak in english..
    What should I do???

Re: Feels Unconfident

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,
    Sir, I am Mujeeb from Pakistan. sir My Problem is that When i talk english I feel that i am suffering from lack of confidence while talking in front of some people,I m weak in english..
    What should I do???
    The best learners, Mujeeb, are the ones that realize their limitations but are not hindered by them. It's perfectly natural to have a lack of confidence, but remember, listening to what others say is very important too. The most important thing is to, first, be able to communicate. Perfection or a reasonable facsimile thereof will come in time.

Just keep on trying.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

I'm not a teacher, but I'd like to endorse riverkid's comments 100%. Just find a supportive group of native speakers, and practice freely. Also, remember that native English speakers are often monolingual, so your grasp of our language is already much better than, for example, my knowledge of Urdu. Be proud of the fact that you are trying to master another language, accept mistakes as stepping stones to proficiency, and enjoy the satisfaction that comes as your comfort level in the new language increases. Khudaa haafiz!

hey im obair,im from pakistan too.first of all wats up buddy"mujeeb".!

i just have a advice for you and for my self.:D

when ever u speak english dont try to convert english from urdu.!speak as it is given in their own language.!
    it happened to me thats why i was un confident even now.i been living here in houston for 5 months.im still fresh enough to advice.!but i also want to add one more question,
    "what is the solution to understand english that is spoken by black brothers .i mean short forms.they speak too fast like rap...!i just have a little problem in understanding some of them not all....and when i couldn't understand them then i feel unconfident and thnk i could have been much better.....!:D.!plus i also felt unconfident and even now....!
    thanku everyone.!

i am waiting for my answer or i have to make new thread?.!

Quote Originally Posted by ovair View Post
    i am waiting for my answer or i have to make new thread?.!
    This is really the same question as on your other thread. See if the answers there help. However, I notice you've added another piece of information - that you are having difficulties with the way in which Afro-Americans speak. You are not the only one!

It is really politer not to add a new question to another person's thread

then please tell me how to delete my question post?
    as i said im fresh on this site.!no.2 apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by ovair View Post
    then please tell me how to delete my question post?
    as i said im fresh on this site.!no.2 apologize.
    You can delete it yourself by going into Edit - but please don't worry, you can leave it as there is a contributing comment in it.

alright,I am safe now.!