1. oviar

Smile pls help me...!!

hello teacher,i want to know abt short forms.....!

:d knw u dont like to write but i i can't understand unless u will tell me...!

pls tell me every single short forms except dos 13 shortforms which is already written..!

and pls tell me about the using of could ,could be,could have ,could have been.
    and same as would,would be,would have,would have been.!

i used to speak uk english and when i reach here im totally confuse.!

i have many problems.!in which some of these i have written.!further more i would tell but step-by-step.!
    thank you:) great site.!

Re: pls help me...!!

u can gimme any link regarding short forms and pls do tell me abt could and would and same as should.i forgot to mention.!
    should be,shold have,should have been.!
    if any of you is from my country ,then please explain me in urdu..!

Quote Originally Posted by ovair View Post
    Please can you can give me any link regarding short forms and please do tell me about could and would and same as should. I forgot to mention.!
    should be,should have,should have been.!
    If any of you is from my country, then please explain me in Urdu..!
    When asking for help, it is best not to use texting abbreviations. Please use English.

I've been to school = I have been to school
    I'ld like to go home = I would/should like to go home
    I'm fed up = I am fed up

See: Simple Present - Short Forms
    Long forms, Contracted forms (Short forms)

I couldn't have answered your post - I can't tell what is text messaging, and where you need help with your English expression!

I apologize .It will not happen again.I just joined this site yesterday and I was not aware of rules and regulations.

Dear Moderator,my main purpose of joining this site is to get help as much as i could.

Therefore,i asked questions that i should know.My purpose of asking could(be,have,have been),should(be,have,have been) and would(be,have, and have been) was not that where to use these words but i was asking that in which sentences or you can say in what sense i should use these sentences and how to use this?

and asking about short forms ,actually i asked this because i was facing problems while listening to someone who is really tough to understand.i found this site when i was searching for short forms (main purpose) but when i reached here ,i had queries which i thought to putforward infront of senoirs and teachers can be better rather than trying hard to get my self.

i'll be pleasure to you if you provide me any link or if you give me your own teaching it will be much better.!

thank you very much for responding and apolgize for any possible spelling mistake

May be i misqouted my query,i was asking about such short forms that people use in pronounciation.for example:going to(gonna),want to(Wanna),got to (gotta),sort of(sorta),lots of(lotsa),kind of(kinda),i will(imma),ain't(isn't,aren't,am not),have to(hafta) and many more.If some one of you please help me on this except these words. Please tell every possible word than can be used by native american...please tell what is it with short forms?

thank you very much.regradz.

Quote Originally Posted by ovair View Post
    I apologize .It will not happen again.I just joined this site yesterday and I was not aware of rules and regulations.

Dear Moderator,my main purpose of joining this site is to get help as much as i could.

Therefore,i asked questions that i should know.My purpose of asking could(be,have,have been),should(be,have,have been) and would(be,have, and have been) was not that where to use these words but i was asking that in which sentences or you can say in what sense i should use these sentences and how to use this?

and asking about short forms ,actually i asked this because i was facing problems while listening to someone who is really tough to understand.i found this site when i was searching for short forms (main purpose) but when i reached here ,i had queries which i thought to putforward infront of senoirs and teachers can be better rather than trying hard to get my self.

i'll be pleasure to you if you provide me any link or if you give me your own teaching it will be much better.!

thank you very much for responding and apolgize for any possible spelling mistake
    Well, we will do what we can to help.

With reference to should and could, try looking at this first and see if it helps at all: Conditionals - Glossary Definition - UsingEnglish.com

There are some tests on conditionals you can then try to see if you have understood: English Language Tests - UsingEnglish.com

If I understand your other query, it is about the kind of slurring of words and phrases you hear in spoken English [gonna = going to; wanna = want to]. I am not at all sure that there is a definitive list. Maybe others will have an idea about that.

Maybe you could ask those who you hear saying things like this what they mean?

exactly,slurring words.!
    alright.i will try to ask?don't you have any idea of link/reference from sites.

thank yout very much for responding and i appreciate ur quick efforts.