Results 1 to 2 of 2

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 1

    My mother is a foreign teacher

    She will be arriving from El Salvador soon. She has 6 years experience teaching kindergarten through ninth grade, although she specialized in Kinder studies.
    What process must she undertake if she wishes to study here in the states.
    Any tips would be appreciated.
    Thank you :D

  1. oregeezer's Avatar
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

    • Join Date: Nov 2007
    • Posts: 347

    Re: My mother is a foreign teacher

    The US is NOT freindly to teachers from abroad. Each state has its own rules for what is required for a teaching license. It usually requires one or two YEARS of additional college classes.
    While the pay is not as high there are MANY openings in commercial pre-schools where there are not such difficult qualifications.
    Best to decide where you want to live and THEN ask about teacher license requirements.

Similar Threads

  1. English teacher or teacher of English
    By Veron1 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-Sep-2007, 09:04
  2. had been already OR was already; best 5(th)
    By Wai_Wai in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 17-Oct-2004, 20:16


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts