please corrct my sentences if there is any problem ?and give one possible reason?

1)Did she tell you ?(Same as "She told you"?)or not?.!
    and
    2)I can do this?(Same as I could do this?)If it's not please tell me past tense of can?i know these are very easy sentences/questions but i trip up sometimes...!

Re: please corrct my sentences if there is any problem ?and give one possible reason?

is my question understandable?.!

Re: please corrct my sentences if there is any problem ?and give one possible reason?

Quote Originally Posted by ovair View Post
    1) Did she tell you? (Is this the same as "She told you" or not?) It is a question, not a statement, so it is not the same. You could also say "Has she told you?"

and]

2) I can do this? (Is this the same as "I could do this"?). I can do this = I am able to do this; I could do this = it is possible that I can do this.

If it's not please tell me the past tense of can? It is "could", but the context is needed to indicate that it is the past of "can" >>
    We found we could go; We said we would go if we could.

I know these are very easy sentences/questions but I trip up sometimes...!
    Small point to remember: a space follows punctuation. Like this.

I write very roughly when typing probably due to chatting often.!

You have answered me .Thank you for that but still i got one question u told me,i can use "has she told you"?It means this is same as did she tell you?isn't it?.!and please tell me this,what is interrogation form of "She told you"then?.!
    Actually as i said i write very roughly, while speaking when we say"she told you"It can also becomes a question ...!

Please tell me these confusions it is like every day used wordss.!

Quote Originally Posted by ovair View Post
    I write very roughly when typing probably due to chatting often.!

You have answered me .Thank you for that but still I have got one question. You told me I can use "Has she told you?" It means this is same as "Did she tell you?", isn't it? And please tell me this,what is the interrogative form of "She told you" then? Either of these questions will lead to this answer. There is no direct interrogative form for the simple "She told you."

Actually as I said I write very roughly. while speaking when we say "she told you" It can also becomes a question ...! It can, with a shift in tone, and possibly a sense of surprise:
    Janey is going out with Bob! She told you ? That is really awful.

But it would not be good formal written English in a test.