• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

"footloose and fancy-pants"

I read this the other day on AOL in an article featuring a study that days one's facial features or the way they look can be indication of what they want as far as romance goes--I don't know, it sounds like junk science to me. Anyway, what kind of personality traite does this phrase indicate. Sorry I forgot the whole sentence and the article is long gone.

Thanks so much
    NT

Re: "footloose and fancy-pants"

Looks like a play on the phrase "footloose and fancy free".

Without the actual context, it is a bit difficult to say what the author means.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I think you're right. I read (or scanned) the article just once, mistakes are bound to happen.

Gee, I wish I could remember how the expression was used, but it's used on the female gender as a contrast to what the male was like according to a set of particular facial features, such as strong jaw, wide-set eyes, etc. and that, according to the study, indicates the male's more likely to want a one-night stand......something like that. I know, it's wild. How can you just by looking at a person's face decide whether they are promiscuous or not.

Would this be enough information to speculate a possibility?

Thanks in advance

Your safe!
    'physiognomy' can reveal a person's race, but not their vices (until the late nights and alcohol start to show).
    The number of neighbours interviewed when the man next door is arrested as a serial killer, and they say things like, "But he looks just like you and me."