Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: colleg

  1. Unregistered


    What is the difference between college and university

  2. Barb_D's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Mar 2007
    • Posts: 19,269

    Re: colleg

    It depends where you live.

    In the US, people will say "school," "college," and "university," to mean the same place. Here, a college is for a specific program of study, and a university may have more than one college under it - the college of arts and sciences, the college of engineering, etc. You can have a college for advanced degrees, like law and medicine, so it is not linked to the degree you obtain either.

    I will let other people explain what a college is where they live.

    (I have insulted people from other countries by asking them if they are "in school" - which in the US, could be anything up to a Ph.D. or medical degree - and found that they thought I meant still in high school.)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts