i tried to do this 3 times, please help!!!!!!!!!!
Directions: From the copy of the article below, note that
There are 9 dependent clauses or phrases numbered and bracketed.
Cut and paste these onto your response.
Label each with the abbreviation of its structure.
Submission example: (1) [this endangered forest is being ground up] Select an abbreviation from below and label it.
Use these abbreviations for the structures:
Making Victoria Blush
“Canada’s boreal forest is the largest expanse of wildlands in North America, and it’s being logged at an alarming rate. We found out
(1) [this endangered forest is being ground up] to make mail-order catalogs. Fifty-nine billion catalogs go out every year in the United States, and 95 percent are immediately thrown away!
“One of the companies (2) [we were most concerned about] was Victoria’s Secret
(3) [because it sends out a million catalogs every single day], more than any other business we know of.
“So we set up a Web site, Victoria’s Dirty Secret, and called for a day of action in front of its stores across the country.
Instead of your typical protest rally, people were wearing lingerie and angel wings─but holding chainsaws.
“We ran a full-page ad in the New York Times with a woman dressed like a Victoria’s Secret model with a chainsaw. The ad got a lot of attention and even a spot on the Today show.
(4) "[Since we’ve started,] Victoria’s Secret has begun meeting with us on a regular basis─one day we’re protesting out front, and the next we’re in the boardrooms. With corporate campaigns, you can make really big changes very fast. Victoria’s Secret took a step in the right direction and put its discount catalogs, 24 million a year, on postconsumer recycled paper. To us, that meant two things: The company is hearing our message, and (5) [what we are asking it to do] is possible. We said, “It’s great about the 24 million, but what about the rest?”
(6) [ Being a well recognized catalog company,] Victoria's Secret is making the news even with this small step toward conservation.
(7) "[As we pressure Victoria’s Secret,] other catalog companies are watching (8) [what it does.] We want companies
competing to be the greenest.”─interview by Orli Cotel
Note this big savings: (9) [ If the catalog industry switched to paper with 10 percent post-consumer recycled content,] it would save
851,000 tons of wood annually─enough to build a six foot fence across the United States seven times.
Why don't you show us what you have done? We don't do assignments for people.