• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

skinny knees knocking over cherry Docs?

In highschool, I wore a fishnet stockings. It wasn't the fetish appeal I was after, but the imaginary punk rock street cred. I loved the image of myself shivering on the corner, ciggy between my knuckles, skinny knees knocking over cherry Docs, conjuring the streetcar.

I was 15. I was freezing. I was mistaken for a prostitute.
    Taken from Leah McLaren's column in Globe and Mail newspaper on April 19. I can't figure out what she meant by 'skinny knees knocking over cherry Docs'. Can anyone tell me what it means?

Oh and also, can I say "April 19th edition of Globe and Mail"? that's what I was going to write, but I felt that the word 'edition' was too big for daily newspaper - if it was monthly, the word 'edition' would have been a perfect fit. If the word 'edition' isn't a good word for a daily newspaper, what would be a good word?

- HKB

Re: skinny knees knocking over cherry Docs?

Quote Originally Posted by HaraKiriBlade View Post
    Taken from Leah McLaren's column in Globe and Mail newspaper on April 19. I can't figure out what she meant by 'skinny knees knocking over cherry Docs'. Can anyone tell me what it means?

My guess is that Docs are a short form for a kind of shoe, the name of which escapes me, ahhhhhhh, maybe Doc Martins. Hers knees were knocking together from the cold. 'cherry' must refer to the color.

Oh and also, can I say "{___}April 19th edition of Globe and Mail"? that's what I was going to write, but I felt that the word 'edition' was too big for daily newspaper - if it was monthly, the word 'edition' would have been a perfect fit. If the word 'edition' isn't a good word for a daily newspaper, what would be a good word?

- HKB
    Yup, you can use edition like that, HKB. It's done all the time.

Re: skinny knees knocking over cherry Docs?

I know what you mean about 'edition'. For a newspaper, use

April 19th copy of the Globe and Mail

We would use 'edition' as in 'the afternoon edition of the Sun', 'the weekend edition of the Herald'