• Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

worldly sinner/ holly sinner

Dear teachers,

Today I came up against a difficulty with interpretation of the term “worldly sinner”. I know the meaning of the adjective “worldly” namely “of, relating to, or devoted to the temporal world”, “relating to or characteristic of the earth or of human life on earth”, but I could’t define the proper interprtation the whole expression “worldly sinner” in my native language.

Would you be kind enough explain to me with plain English words the meaning of the expression in bold in the context in the following excerpt of an article?

"In fact, how many of those whom Jesus prayed for and healed were "in the church" or had God's Spirit? Probably none of them! How many were worldly sinners? Certainly most of them, maybe even all of them!"

Could you give me an example for a “holly sinner”?

Regards.

V.

Re: worldly sinner/ holly sinner

Quote Originally Posted by vil View Post
    Dear teachers,

Today I came up against a difficulty with interpretation of the term “worldly sinner”. I know the meaning of the adjective “worldly” namely “of, relating to, or devoted to the temporal world”, “relating to or characteristic of the earth or of human life on earth”, but I could’t define the proper interprtation the whole expression “worldly sinner” in my native language.

Would you be kind enough explain to me with plain English words the meaning of the expression in bold in the context in the following excerpt of an article?

"In fact, how many of those whom Jesus prayed for and healed were "in the church" or had God's Spirit? Probably none of them! How many were worldly sinners? Certainly most of them, maybe even all of them!"

Could you give me an example for a “holy sinner”?

Regards.

V.
    worldly sinner >> a sinner who is tied into the world and its doings, one who is not greatly concerned with spiritual matters.

A holy sinner is a complex matter. This is a comprehensive discussion of the concept: Donmeh West - Professions of a Holy Sinner

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

Re: worldly sinner/ holly sinner

Hi Anglika,

Thank you for your elegantly explanation.

Thank you also for your enlightenor’s link.

Regards.

V.