Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Czech
      • Home Country:
      • Czech Republic
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 71

    speaking to my child

    Good morning everybody,
    I would like to know how English parents call parts of human body when speaking to their children. I mean something like "tiny tum". Actually, I am wondering how they call childīs bottom. It is hard to find such words in any dictionary. Thanks for Your help.

    • Join Date: Nov 2007
    • Posts: 5,409

    Re: speaking to my child

    tum tum
    botty (bottom)
    teggies (teeth)
    toesies (toes)

    are the ones I remember.

    • Join Date: Mar 2005
    • Posts: 48

    Re: speaking to my child


    You will always find the following dictionary useful to find such colloquial words.

    Urban Dictionary: Define Your World



Similar Threads

  1. how to teach speaking
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-Apr-2007, 08:49
  2. a child and his...
    By navi tasan in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2007, 10:48
  3. Informative Abstract
    By bmbsa in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-Mar-2004, 14:59
  4. difference between "as if" and "as though&quo
    By Kily in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-Aug-2003, 22:11


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts