• Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

billing, shuffle, scrubber

Dear teachers,

Would you be kind enough explain to me the meaning of the expression in bold in the followig two brief excerpt of a iphone’s manual.

Visit www.att.com/WirelesHelp for technical support on network-related services, including VisualVoicemail and billing.

Tap the album to display the shuffle, repeat, and scruber controls.

Thank you in advance for your efforts.

Regards.

V.
    Last edited by vil; 24-Apr-2008 at 06:21.

Re: billing, shuffle, scrubber

Is this for an iPhone? I'm not sure what the "scrubber" is, and it looks like the link didn't work.

Usually if your playing some kind of music, you can "shuffle" the songs. Shuffle means that the songs will play in a random order and that the player will just pick the next song.

"Repeat" means that the song will play again, or the entire playlist will play again.

Again, I don't know (yet) what scrubber means.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

Hi AntieAnnie,

Thank you for your attention about my work. Right, I’m speaking about my new iphone which is not in action even to this day. But you know haste makes waste.

Thank you also for your explanation concerning the term shuffle. I found something about the exotic term “scrubber”.

scrubber (n) = a brush, appliance, or abrasive that is used in cleaning
    an apparatus that is used for removing impurities

TRACK SCRUBBER - Stratup Tuner - Internet Cleaner Registry cleaner

This module locates files created on your computer when you surf on the Internet and allow you to delate them.

You omitted the details concerning the term "billing" in the first sentence in my original post.

Thank you again for your backing.

Regards.

V.

Quote Originally Posted by vil View Post
    Hi AntieAnnie,

Thank you for your attention about my work. Right, I’m speaking about my new iphone which is not in action even to this day. But you know haste makes waste.

Thank you also for your explanation concerning the term shuffle. I found something about the exotic term “scrubber”.

scrubber (n) = a brush, appliance, or abrasive that is used in cleaning
    an apparatus that is used for removing impurities

TRACK SCRUBBER - Stratup Tuner - Internet Cleaner Registry cleaner

This module locates files created on your computer when you surf on the Internet and allow you to delate them.

You omitted the details concerning the term "billing" in the first sentence in my original post.

Thank you again for your backing.

Regards.

V.

You're welcome. Sorry I didn't answer about billing.

Billing refers to the company sending you an invoice to pay for the services. I believe that the sentence is telling you that you can visit the website link if you have any questions about the amounts that are on your monthly invoice.

In a very general sense, we use the verb "to scrub" to clean something. I scrub the sink in my bathroom, for example. In the case that you mention above, it sounds like there is some type of function with the iPhone that cleans up your internet files because the device allows you to access the internet, and it probably keeps the machine working most efficiently.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Hi, Vil!

I am impressed! My Bulgarian amigo has an Iphone! Of course, just 'having' the Iphone won't do you any good until you activate your service! Haste may make waste but no service means you can't call anyone to tell them you have an expensive new phone!!! Let's get on the stick, my friend! Give me a call when you have service! I'll have my 'scrubber' ready!

Cheers,
    Amigo

Visit www.att.com/WirelesHelp for technical supprt on network-related services, including VisualVicemail and billing.
    Oooooh, Vil - what are you up to!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vil

Visit www.att.com/WirelesHelp for technical supprt on network-related services, including VisualVicemail and billing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Oooooh, Vil - what are you up to!
    Anglika, don't YOU have Vicemail on your telephone service???

Cheers,
    Amigo

Not yet - and probably never

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

Dear Anglika and amigos4,

It is to be regretted that I gave a new occasion for a so refreshing mockery. Owing to my uninteantional typo writing VICE instead of VOICE anable you to make fun with me. What can’t be cured must be endured. On the other hand this will come in quite useful to make me more careful and attentieve. I put my hopes in the future when I will doubtless bridge over similar difficulties.

There are a few proverbs which are very popular in my country: “Temperance is good when it is temperate.” “ Too much of a good thing”, “She looks as if butter won’t melt in her mouth”.

Regards.

V.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Dear Anglika and amigos4,

It is to be regretted that I gave a new occasion for a so refreshing mockery. Owing to my uninteantional typo writing VICE instead of VOICE anable you to make fun with me. What can’t be cured must be endured. On the other hand this will come in quite useful to make me more careful and attentieve. I put my hopes in the future when I will doubtless bridge over similar difficulties.

There are a few proverbs which are very popular in my country: “Temperance is good when it is temperate.” “ Too much of a good thing”, “She looks as if butter won’t melt in her mouth”.

Regards.

V.
    Hey, Vil!

Blessed is the man from Bulgaria who can laugh at himself and not be upset with others who find humor in his innocent typographical errors!

You are a good man, vil!

Now, tell me, how do I purchase a phone that has Vicemail function?

Be well, my friend!

Amigo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast