Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Nefertiti's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2007
    • Posts: 383
    #1

    loaded --- adj

    loaded steakhouse burger:

    loaded baked potato topping with bits of real bacon & chives

    1. What does 'loaded' mean above? 2. Is it a common usage?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Nefertiti; 24-Apr-2008 at 03:57.


    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 21
    #2

    Re: loaded --- adj

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
    loaded steakhouse burger:

    loaded baked potato topping with bits of real bacon & chives

    1. What does 'loaded' mean above? 2. Is it a common usage?

    Thanks
    Loaded, in the way that a truck or cart is loaded-advertising language


    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 21
    #3

    Re: loaded --- adj

    Quote Originally Posted by phukos View Post
    Loaded, in the way that a truck or cart is loaded-advertising language
    A couple other interesting senses of the word:
    Loaded---rich- John is loaded.
    Loaded---drunk- John is loaded.
    Loaded---containing live ammunition- The gun is loaded. John loaded it while loaded. He bought a lot of ammunition, because he's loaded.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Jan 2008
    • Posts: 2,944
    #4

    Re: loaded --- adj

    In the restaurant/food industry, "loaded" means "stacked or piled high or layered."

    A loaded burger would be stacked with lots of extras: cheese, lettuce, sauce, bacon,tomatoes, etc. etc.


    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 3,059
    #5

    Re: loaded --- adj

    Quote Originally Posted by susiedqq View Post
    In the restaurant/food industry, "loaded" means "stacked or piled high or layered."

    A loaded burger would be stacked with lots of extras: cheese, lettuce, sauce, bacon,tomatoes, etc. etc.
    What about a SusieDQq burger? [a real smiley face]

    [How come icons won't load for me?]

Similar Threads

  1. Please help
    By Zoe2008 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-Apr-2008, 05:14
  2. onto/into trucks
    By user_gary in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-Jul-2007, 00:09
  3. Editing needed, thanks
    By NewHope in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-Sep-2004, 20:18

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •