• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

it makes me hurt

SourceABC_Primetime

Expanded context: who, with the knowledge of her doctor, kept a video diary of her daily struggle with the illness and her amazing return to health and light. # Good Morning America's Dr. Nancy Snyderman tells us about the disease that steals mothers from their newborn babies. Ms. MONK (voice-over) A newborn baby, a time for joy. MEREDITH MONK, Composer What makes me hurt so bad inside? (Footage of pie chart that reads (voice-over) But for some, it can bring baffling darkness-@3:27843@ I'm just afraid everyone's going to treat me like a freak! (Footage of pie chart that reads (voice-over) -and emotional numbness. MEREDITH MONK, Composer I have no bond with my baby and, to be honest, I don't even feel like she ...

In the sentence 'What makes me hurt so bad inside?', does 'hurt' mean 'ache' or 'injured'? In other words, is 'hurt' here a bare infinite or a past participle?

Could I ask native English teachers to help me please? Thank you very much.

Re: it makes me hurt

Quote Originally Posted by joham View Post
    SourceABC_Primetime

Expanded context: who, with the knowledge of her doctor, kept a video diary of her daily struggle with the illness and her amazing return to health and light. # Good Morning America's Dr. Nancy Snyderman tells us about the disease that steals mothers from their newborn babies. Ms. MONK (voice-over) A newborn baby, a time for joy. MEREDITH MONK, Composer What makes me hurt so bad inside? (Footage of pie chart that reads (voice-over) But for some, it can bring baffling darkness-@3:27843@ I'm just afraid everyone's going to treat me like a freak! (Footage of pie chart that reads (voice-over) -and emotional numbness. MEREDITH MONK, Composer I have no bond with my baby and, to be honest, I don't even feel like she ...

In the sentence 'What makes me hurt so bad inside?', does 'hurt' mean 'ache' or 'injured'? In other words, is 'hurt' here a bare infinite or a past participle?

Could I ask native English teachers to help me please? Thank you very much.

It has the meaning that she is unhappy and that the unhappiness turns into internal pain, either mental or physical.