Results 1 to 6 of 6
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 150
    #1

    Post Please correct the following sentences

    I was trying to contact you since last Monday, but your phone whether to be engaged or on voice mail.
    Anyway, I would like to inform you that X is getting marry on xxxxxxx.
    Brid who is working as SP in XXX. She is born and brought up in there only
    We will be leaving on xxxxxx, but the tickets are not yet been confirmed.

  1. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,551
    #2

    Re: Please correct the followings sentences

    Try:
    I tried to contact you last Monday, but your voice mail wasn't working/phone wasn't on.
    Brid, who is working as SP in XXX, was born and raised there.
    We will be leaving on xxxxxx, but we don't have the plane tickets yet.

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,590
    #3

    Re: Please correct the followings sentences

    Quote Originally Posted by Annecy View Post
    I was trying to contact you since last Monday, but your phone whether to be engaged or on voice mail.
    Anyway, I would like to inform you that X is getting marry on xxxxxxx.
    Brid who is working as SP in XXX. She is born and brought up in there only
    We will be leaving on xxxxxx, but the tickets are not yet been confirmed.
    You could also try this;

    I have been trying to contact you since last Monday but your phone was always engaged or on voicemail.
    Anyway I would like to inform you that X is getting married on XXXXXXX.
    Brid, who is working as SP in XXX was born and brought up there.
    We will be leaving on XXXXX but the tickets have not yet been confirmed.


    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 28
    #4

    Re: Please correct the following sentences

    Originally Posted by Annecy
    I was trying to contact you since last Monday, but your phone whether to be engaged or on voice mail.
    Anyway, I would like to inform you that X is getting marry on xxxxxxx.
    Brid who is working as SP in XXX. She is born and brought up in there only
    We will be leaving on xxxxxx, but the tickets are not yet been confirmed.

    Could we try this way:
    I have been trying to contact you since MOnday, but your phone was always engaged or on voice mail
    Anyway, I would like to inform you that X is getting married on......
    Brid is working as SP in XXX where she was born and raised.
    We will leaving on xxxxx , but the tickets have not been confirmed yet.



  3. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,551
    #5

    Re: Please correct the followings sentences

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    You could also try this;

    I have been trying to contact you since last Monday but your phone was always engaged or on voicemail.
    Anyway I would like to inform you that X is getting married on XXXXXXX.
    Brid, who is working as SP in XXX, was born and brought up there.
    We will be leaving on XXXXX but the tickets have not yet been confirmed.
    It escapes me for the time being what that phrase is called, but you do need that second comma.

  4. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,551
    #6

    Re: Please correct the following sentences

    Quote Originally Posted by lanlethi2603 View Post
    I have been trying to contact you since MOnday, but your phone was always engaged or on voice mail
    Anyway, I would like to inform you that X is getting married on......
    Brid is working as SP in XXX ,where she was born and raised.
    We will leaving on xxxxx , but the tickets have not been confirmed yet.


    Excellent!

Similar Threads

  1. Are my sentences correct?
    By daisyeoh@hotmail.com in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-Oct-2009, 14:20
  2. Are these sentences correct?
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-Jun-2008, 03:59
  3. Could you correct these sentences, please?
    By Ana Laura in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-Aug-2007, 14:40
  4. Please correct the sentences ...
    By sweetie_sneha in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-Apr-2007, 13:12
  5. correct sentences
    By Teenager in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-Mar-2007, 06:26

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •