Smile flyaway

hello everybody and thank you very much for the help you gave me yesterday.. I still have some doubts I would like to solve.

1) the word "flyaway" can be used as a noun or is it only an adjective? I mean, can I say "I can't stand flyaways when I wash my hair?"

2)Is the expressin "teenaged girls" correct or should I say "teenager girls"?

3) Is the expression "to DO a show" correct?

4) caused from or by?

I am really grateful if someone can answer me. Bye

Re: flyaway

Hello cenerentola,

I'll have a go at these for you... opinions may vary but I hope they help.

(1) 'Flyaway' as you use it is quite clumsy and not really 'proper' usage, however I can imagine you would be understood in this context.

(2) The expression is usually teenage girls, (No 'D' or 'R') but you can use 'teenaged' in some cases.

(3) You possibly wouldn't use 'to do a show' on it's own but as part of a longer sentence. 'We are going to do a show'. Otherwise you would change the sentence structure with different verbs 'We are going to perform tonight' etc.

(4) Caused from and caused by can be correct.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by cenerentola View Post
    hello everybody and thank you very much for the help you gave me yesterday.. I still have some doubts I would like to solve.

1) the word "flyaway" can be used as a noun or is it only an adjective? I mean, can I say "I can't stand flyaways when I wash my hair?"

2)Is the expressin "teenaged girls" correct or should I say "teenager girls"?

3) Is the expression "to DO a show" correct?

4) caused from or by?

I am really grateful if someone can answer me. Bye