correct sentence

For many passengers this means____ to____ wait of hours or days, with all the associated inconvenience, until the missing item is being located and forwarded. Others,______ however/are _____fortunate still, have to resign_____ on _____to the fact that their bags are actually lost and, as the days turn ______in/into ______( used in, could i also use into?) weeks, face the fact thet they are unlikely ever to see them again.

to - should i use the to or can i writte the sentence without the to? - Wroote the to as a conetion.
    on - can I use the on or in this case I don't need any preposition? - Used the on because I think in this case i need a preposition as a conection.
    are/however - Do i need to use a preposition or can wriite the sentence without it - Initialy I wrotte the setence without the preposition but think that there is something missing.

Can any one give me an advice ?

Thanks

Re: correct sentence

[quote=Gena Trigo;287735]For many passengers this means____ to____ wait of hours or days, with all the associated inconvenience, until the missing item is being located and forwarded. Others,______ however/are _____fortunate still, have to resign_____ on _(due)____to the fact that their bags are actually lost and, as the days turn ______in/into ______( used in, could i also use into?- it is OK) weeks, face the fact thet they are unlikely ever to see them again.

- I am not sure about others, however, 'due to' here means 'because'

Re: correct sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Gena Trigo View Post
    For many passengers this means____ to____ wait of hours or days, with all the associated inconvenience, until the missing item is being located and forwarded. Others,______ however/are _____fortunate still, have to resign_____ on _____to the fact that their bags are actually lost and, as the days turn ______in/into ______( used in, could i also use into?) weeks, face the fact thet they are unlikely ever to see them again.

... this means a wait....
    Others, more fortunate still,
    ...resign themselves...

into is correct; in is incorrect

Can any one give me advice ?

Thanks