Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 41

    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,398
    #11

    Re: help me with the red one.

    As a matter of interest, which did/would you choose?


    • Join Date: Oct 2005
    • Posts: 27
    #12

    Re: help me with the red one.

    bump


    • Join Date: Oct 2005
    • Posts: 27
    #13

    Re: help me with the red one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    As a matter of interest, which did/would you choose?
    I chose "are", which is wrong.


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,398
    #14

    Re: help me with the red one.

    Put the auxiliary + "work" into the sentence and you will see which is right:

    If you are work ,your mother will be pleased.

    If you do work, your mother will be pleased.


    • Join Date: Oct 2005
    • Posts: 27
    #15

    Re: help me with the red one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Put the auxiliary + "work" into the sentence and you will see which is right:

    If you are work ,your mother will be pleased.

    If you do work, your mother will be pleased.
    Thanks.

    And what about this/
    We will build a bridge____the river.
    A. over B. across


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,398
    #16

    Re: help me with the red one.

    Ah - now this is a totally different problem as both are usable


    • Join Date: Oct 2005
    • Posts: 27
    #17

    Re: help me with the red one.

    Help with these two:http://img.bbs.163.com/english/zz/zz...62a89e9e37.gif
    http://img.bbs.163.com/english/zz/zz...e18b4a0012.gif

    By the way,I wonder if Chinese exam system is so strange that even the native speakers are puzzled at these problems.


    • Join Date: Feb 2008
    • Posts: 483
    #18

    Re: help me with the red one.

    Quote Originally Posted by zzpsx View Post
    Hey zzpsx! Is this:
    1 part of an English test?
    2 part of a philosophy exam?
    3 part of an IQ test?

    Anyway, it's very challenging. Offhand, I'd say the answer is C - knowing that I have a 25% chance of getting it right.


    • Join Date: Oct 2005
    • Posts: 27
    #19

    Re: help me with the red one.

    It's part of an English test. In fact, I also go with C. But there are two versions of key. A and C.


    • Join Date: Feb 2008
    • Posts: 483
    #20

    Re: help me with the red one.

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by zzpsx View Post
    Help with these two:http://img.bbs.163.com/english/zz/zz...62a89e9e37.gif
    http://img.bbs.163.com/english/zz/zz...e18b4a0012.gif
    By the way,I wonder if Chinese exam system is so strange that even the native speakers are puzzled at these problems.[/quote/]

    First one: For me, there's no acceptable choice.
    Second one: C.
    Last edited by naomimalan; 09-May-2008 at 08:56.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •