1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Lightbulb Quickly

Hello for everybody .....

I DO PRACTICUM AT SCHOOL ..... I HAVE A LIITTLE CONFUSION ABOUT TEACHING REPORTED SPEECH .... I WANT TO KNOW HOW I CAN START THE LESSON , WHEN I ENTER THE CLASS ... ALSO , HOW CAN I INTRIDUCE THE LEESON WELL ... HOW I MAKE MY LESSON ONLY USING COMMUNICATIVE APPROACH ,... HOW CAN I MAKE THEM ENJOY WITH ME WITH ALITTLE FUN IN THE CLASS .....

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE TODAY ,, BECAUSE TOMORROW MY ADVISOR WILL COME TO SCHOOL TO EVALUATE ME .....

THANX FOR YOUR HELP

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Re: Quickly

You can bring in newspaper articles so that they can see how reported speech is used. (Read and underline the sentences) (After you introduced reported speech by giving them a short overview on a sheet and by making simple statements and asking your students to report what you have said - but you have to decide on your own which order makes more sense to you. You know your students and their level of English.)

Afterwards you give them a dialogue (eg an interview). They have to tell a partner or the class what the persons in the dialogue said. Or they write a letter to a friend telling him or her about the dialogue in reported speech.

You can also start with a conversation. Give your students a topic they can discuss with a partner. Person B has to tell person A about his point of view or how he spent his last holiday, for example. Now person A tells the group what Person B thinks about the topic.

Another idea would be to give them a questionnaire and get them into pairs. They have to ask each other questions from the sheet. Divide them into new pairs. Now they have to report to their partner what they have learned about the other stutents. While they are doing this, walk around and correct their mistakes.

I like using resources from the BBC Website in my lessons.
    BBC Learning English | Home page
    Very useful and a wide range of ideas for lesson plans.
    Last edited by Snowcake; 03-May-2008 at 12:18.