1. Svetie

I need the explanation.

I don't understand what "At the very beginning of the movie, the viewer is shown a scene of what at first glance appears to be an ordinary pan-out of the camera from the landing site and from Riddick's face; at the point of Fry's death, it becomes clear to the viewer that what was actually shown at the start of the film was Fry being carried off into the night by one of the creatures after being impaled, from her point of view." means.

Re: I need the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Svetie View Post
    "At the very beginning of the movie, the viewer is shown a scene of what at first glance appears to be an ordinary pan-out of the camera from the landing site and from Riddick's face; at the point of Fry's death, it becomes clear to the viewer that what was actually shown at the start of the film was Fry being carried off into the night by one of the creatures after being impaled, from her point of view."
    At the start of the movie, the viewer thinks that the camera is moving back from the view of the landing site and Riddick's face in a simple pan out [in filming terms, this means the camera is moving away from something]. However, at the point where Fry dies, it is evident that this scene is actually showing what Fry is seeing as she is being abducted by one of the creatures.