Grammar Questions

Hello,everyone!I have some question and I'll be really greateful if you can help me with them :)
    Here I've to choose between 4 words in oreder for the sentence to have a meaning:
    1.Some tribes suffered centuries of persecution A.at B.by C.under D.from the hands of the Spanish conquerors.
    2.The Kogui A.pretend B.persist C.insist D.claim to be the direct descendants of the Tairona.

And in the nest one I should find the mistake(of course,it's possible that there's no mistake)
    1.Dust-bathing is the behaviour of birds that is still A.a mystery to the science world:scientists cannot yet fully explain why birds B.immerse themselves in dust and then shake third bodies C.as wet dogs,sending dust and flying in every direction.
    2.The number of fatalities from road accidents A.has been declined considerably in the industrialized countries,according to a new report;compared with 1730,30% B.fewer people were killed on the road C.despite a 50% increase in the number of registered vehicles.
    3.For a long time,it A.has been believed that B.the magnets stimulate circulation,reduce swelling and relieve C.pain.

I think that in the 1st exercise in the 1st example it should be 'by the hands' and in the 2nd-claim.Still I'm not sure if it's 'claim' ot 'insist' but 'insist' is usually followed by 'on'.
    And in the 2nd exercise-in the 1st-I think there's no mistake.2nd one-I really have no idea And in the last one-maybe it should be only 'magnets' without 'the'.

Re: Grammar Questions

Quote Originally Posted by ocean_soul View Post
    Hello,everyone!I have some question and I'll be really gratefull if you can help me with them :)
    Here I've to choose between 4 words in order for the sentence to have a meaning:
    1.Some tribes suffered centuries of persecution A.at B.by C.under D.from the hands of the Spanish conquerors.
    2.The Kogui A.pretend B.persist C.insist D.claim to be the direct descendants of the Tairona.

And in the next one I should find the mistake(of course,it's possible that there's no mistake)
    1.Dust-bathing is the behaviour of birds that is still A.a mystery to the science world:scientists cannot yet fully explain why birds B.immerse themselves in dust and then shake their bodies C.as wet dogs,sending dust and flying in every direction.
    2.The number of fatalities from road accidents A.has been declined has declined considerably in the industrialized countries,according to a new report;compared with 1730,30% B.fewer people were killed on the road C.despite a 50% increase in the number of registered vehicles.
    3.For a long time,it A.has been believed that B.the magnets stimulate circulation,reduce swelling and relieve C.pain.

I think that in the 1st exercise in the 1st example it should be 'by the hands' and in the 2nd-claim.Still I'm not sure if it's 'claim' ot 'insist' but 'insist' is usually followed by 'on'.
    And in the 2nd exercise-in the 1st-I think there's no mistake.2nd one-I really have no idea And in the last one-maybe it should be only 'magnets' without 'the'.
    I agree that #1 and #3 have no error. "The" is needed in front of magnets in this context.