Grammar

I should find the misatkes in the sentences:
    1.Newspaper accuracy studies over the past 50 years A.had reached about the same conslusion -that as many B.as half of all news stories C.contain errors.
    2.A.An exercise is a cruical element of a healthy lifestyle and it is also a great stress reducer;the key B.to sticking with an exercise programme is choosing the type that's right for you-C.whether it's jogging,swimming,playing tennis,cycling or walking.
    3.Throughout A.history,food B.is being used C.as a symbol of wealth or gratitude,or to demonstrate position and power.
    4.In the LA area,A.despite the aggressive anti-smog camaigns,B.10 million people breathe C.one of the dirtiest air in the US.
    5.A.Wasps may travel up to three-quarters of a mile from their nest for food if they belong to a species common in New Zealand;B.others generally look look for their food within C.a few hundred yards of the nest.
    6.Since life A.began on Earth billions of years ago,it B.had adapted to C.its environment,including the extremes of heat and cold.

Here's what I think:1st-it should be B.'contains' since it's referred to 'half of'.2nd-A.-only 'exercise' without 'an'.3-C.indtead of 'as' it should be 'like'.I think there's no mistake in 4.5-maybe C. only 'few',with no 'a'.6-A.has began.

Re: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by ocean_soul View Post
    I should find the misatkes in the sentences:

1.Newspaper accuracy studies over the past 50 years A.had reached about the same conclusion -that as many B.as half of all news stories C.contain errors.

2.A.An exercise is a cruical element of a healthy lifestyle and it is also a great stress reducer;the key B.to sticking with an exercise programme is choosing the type that's right for you- C.whether it's jogging, swimming, playing tennis, cycling or walking.

3.Throughout A.history,food B.is being used C.as a symbol of wealth or gratitude,or to demonstrate position and power.

4.In the LA area,A.despite the aggressive anti-smog camaigns,B.10 million people breathe C.one of the dirtiest air in the US.

5.A.Wasps may travel up to three-quarters of a mile from their nest for food if they belong to a species common in New Zealand;B.others generally look look for their food within C.a few hundred yards of the nest.

6.Since life A.began on Earth billions of years ago,it B.had adapted to C.its environment,including the extremes of heat and cold.

Here's what I think:
    1st-it should be B.'contains' since it's referred to 'half of'.
    2nd-A.-only 'exercise' without 'an'.

3-C.indtead of 'as' it should be 'like'.

I think there's no mistake in 4.

5-maybe C. only 'few',with no 'a'. No error

6-A.has began.
    Look again at the ones that are wrong.