Student or Learner
1) Would you please help me to find GOOD definitions for the following stce elements ? The following are not satisfying.
a) A word is an element of a class of words called parts of speech.
b) A phrase is formed of a group of related words.
c) A clause is formed of a number of phrases.
d) A sentence is formed of one or more clauses.
2) Parts of Speech.
Where can I get a clear (concise & detailed) explanation of the role of the following parts of speech in a sentence?
1) determiner: (article / possessive adjective / demonstrative pronoun / quantifier / any more...... ?)
2) noun: (proper / common → concrete + abstract)
3) pronoun: (personal / possessive / reflexive / relative)
4) verb: (main / auxiliary / modal)
5) adverb: (time / place / manner / degree / frequency)
- intensifier: (very / too / so / such / enough / any more…… ?)
- correlative: ???
6) adjective: (possessive // attributive / predicative // comparative / superlative)
7) preposition: (time / position / direction / any more…… ?)
8) conjunction: (coordinating / subordinating)