Hi, I have some doubts about the word "bowling"?
1. When I'm going to play the game I say:
"They are going bowling"
Can I say also "They are bowling"?, does it have the same meaning of the previous sentence?
2. Another doubt is: Is it correct to say "play bowling online"?
3. And the last one: how can I call the place where people go bowling? "Bowling alley"? Is there any other option?
1. Almost the same: "going bowling" will do it later; "are bowling" doing it now.
3. Not really any other option - You might here someone say "we are going to the bowling lanes" since an indiviual place to bowl can be called either "an alley" or "a lane".