Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. new2grammar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 880
    #1

    Is this para grammatical correct?

    My objective was to gain an industry experience before pursuing further studies. After Graduation I have been working since then. I have been working as copywriter but in the process I even tested water of strategic planning, rather than just a copywriter I need to present myself as a brand custodian.

  2. #2

    Smile Re: Is this para grammatical correct?

    My objective was to gain an experience of industry before pursuing further studies. After Graduation I was working as a copywriter and in the process even 'tested the water' of strategic planning. Rather than being just a copywriter I needed to present myself as a brand custodian.

    SB

  3. new2grammar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 880
    #3

    Smile Re: Is this para grammatical correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare's brother View Post
    My objective was to gain an experience of industry before pursuing further studies. After Graduation I was working as a copywriter and in the process even 'tested the water' of strategic planning. Rather than being just a copywriter I needed to present myself as a brand custodian.

    SB
    I needed to present myself as a brand custodian>>>thi srefer to past tense right? but i want to convey that in future after my studies(MBA) i want to present myself as Brand Custodian in the industry.

  4. #4

    Smile Re: Is this para grammatical correct?

    In which case, you would be better writing:

    Rather than being just a copywriter I need to present myself as a brand custodian in the industry.

    What dy think?

  5. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,624
    #5

    Re: Is this para grammatical correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    I needed to present myself as a brand custodian>>>thi srefer to past tense right? but i want to convey that in future after my studies(MBA) i want to present myself as Brand Custodian in the industry.
    How about "I would like/want to present myself as a brand custodian" In India, I think, the more polite "I would like" would help you more than "I want".

  6. new2grammar's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 880
    #6

    Thumbs up Re: Is this para grammatical correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    How about "I would like/want to present myself as a brand custodian" In India, I think, the more polite "I would like" would help you more than "I want".
    you are right sir that polite language works more in India. So you know Indian how they are....

Similar Threads

  1. Humble request to correct the grammatical errors
    By jkl in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-Jan-2008, 12:16
  2. correct answer
    By stunned in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-Mar-2007, 05:42
  3. Please correct
    By esophea in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Jan-2006, 06:16
  4. Grammatical exercises based on literary works
    By K_D in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-Jan-2006, 07:14
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-Nov-2005, 10:43

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •