Hi.Choose the right answer : and the sentences is uncorrect please clarify the reason
1- I am going to get out and ..
1) have cut my hair
2) let my hair cut
3) have my hair cut AGREED
4) my hair be cut
2- am looking for to cut this string
1) a pair of scissors AGREED
2) some scissors
4) a scissor
3- One of the following is not from the conditions motivation
・・・I find this sentence a bit odd.
1) students are motivated if they live in a secure environment
2) students are motivated when the subject matter is interesting
3) students are motivated when they experience more failure and success AGREED
4) students are motivated when they fee l the learning for them not for the teacher
4- . is learners use of the first patterns language in second language sentence .
・・・I find this sentence odd, too. I'm not really sure what it means.
4) Language acquisition
5-I didnt like it in the city at first , but now ..here .
1) I got used to living
2) I am used to living MY CHOICE
3) I used to live
4) I used to living . NOT AGREED, because "used to..." means "something happened regularly in the past but no longer happens.
6- The final ed in the verb talked is pronounced as :
1) / d /
2) / id /
3) / ed /
4) / t / AGREED
7- Safety should come first lives shouldn't be put at risk .
1) people NOT AGREED
2) people's MY CHOICE
8-It's .. funny film , I laughed all the way through it
1) so NOT AGREED
3) that much
4) such a MY CHOICE
9- The two parties has settled their differences by compromise after a long debate . The underlined word means :
1) an acceptable middle coarse agreement AGREED
3) raising awareness
4- revising past records
10- Economics is known as an inexact science because it relies heavily on subjective judgments
2) is what MY CHOICE
3) which NOT AGREED
4) that is
11- In the crime rate has began to drop due to neighborhood .
1) a few years ago
2) a few years since
3) the past few years AGREED
4) few years
12- So he thinks he is going to become an engineer ? Well, well
1) is be
2) isn't he NOT AGREED
3) doesn't he MY CHOICE
4) does he
13) Salwa read ..
1) several chapters in the library last week AGREED
2) last work several chapters in the library
3)last work in the library several chapters
4) In the library several chapters last week .
14- I have just received an invitation .. an interview with Mr Bell
2) to AGREED
15- . She comes from a poor family in northern India , she was able to get a degree in the software engineering
3) Although AGREED
16- The correct question is
1)May I ask you what do we do when we arrive?
2) May I ask you what we do when we arrive ? AGREED
3) May I ask you what do we doing when we arrive ?
4) May I ask you what will we do when we arrive ?
17-You must stop . Things we don't need like DVDs
1) to buy
2) to buying
3) buying AGREED
18-Unfortunaly .. miners were lost in the accident
2) few NOT AGREED
3) a little
4) a few MY CHOICE
19- A lot of wrong information .. given to the tourists .
1) was AGREED
3) have been
20- I saw Nabeel . Off his bike ,
1) falling MY CHOICE 1
2)fell NOT AGREED
3) was falling
4) fall MY CHOICE 2
I'm not a native speaker of English, so please take it as my personal opinion.
I haven't provided any explanations to some of them. Please wait for other teachers(native speakers) to answer them.
As for 20, 1) and 4) are both possible, I think, depending on the speaker.