• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Post what's mean for "get on with your life"?

● Example.
    Dr. Laura: Okay, Brenda, I can't help you. You're not open. I think you ought to be gracious when she comes, help her pick out something she likes, have lunch, and get on with your life. I think it's going to be harder without looking at the reality of your resentment toward her, that she has more than you have. I think it's awful when a parent envies or is jealous of their child. I've seen it often, and it's one of the hardest things to admit. Generally speaking, we're happy when our kids are able to surpass us, because we contributed to that. We helped them become in a place where they could accomplish, or acquire, or whatever. So when we have resentment for our children, and we set them up, like I believe you set your daughter up, there's dynamics in there. When you're ready to look at it, call me back. I'm Dr. Laura Schlessinger, I'll be right back.

● Question
    what's mean for "get on with your life"?

If someone would tell me to get on with your life then what should I have to do?

Re: what's mean for "get on with your life"?

Welcome to the forums.

It means you continue living your life without regrets or looking back to the past or carrying resentments or becoming too involved in matters that you cannot resolve or are not really your problems.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Uzbek
      • Home Country:
      • Uzbekistan
      • Current Location:
      • Uzbekistan

Re: what's mean for "get on with your life"?

Quote Originally Posted by KIMJONGEUN View Post
    ● Example.
    Dr. Laura: Okay, Brenda, I can't help you. You're not open. I think you ought to be gracious when she comes, help her pick out something she likes, have lunch, and get on with your life (get on with your life means either start your life or go on with your life). I think it's going to be harder without looking at the reality of your resentment toward her, that she has more than you have. I think it's awful when a parent envies or is jealous of their child. I've seen it often, and it's one of the hardest things to admit. Generally speaking, we're happy when our kids are able to surpass us, because we contributed to that. We helped them become in a place where they could accomplish, or acquire, or whatever. So when we have resentment for our children, and we set them up, like I believe you set your daughter up, there's dynamics in there. When you're ready to look at it, call me back. I'm Dr. Laura Schlessinger, I'll be right back.

● Question
    what's the meaning of "get on with your life"?

If someone would tell me to get on with your life then what should I have to do?
    Hope this helps.