Student or Learner
" I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation"
1. 'on the top of the world looking down on sth.' Is this common usage? It means you're looking at things from the outside of X (= Earth), which makes your thoughts clearer.
"And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around"
2. Do 'ever since' and 'since' have the same meaning? Can both be used interchangeably?
"Something in the wind has learned my name"
3. What does the quote above mean? Is it common usage?
1. "I'm on the top of the world" is an idiom; it's common, and means successful or feeling really good; e.g., She felt on top of the world after being promoted; he was on top of the world on his wedding day.
"looking down on creation" isn't an idiom, nor is it common. It's just part of the song.
2. In that context, yes.
3. It isn't common usage and I don't know what it means.