• Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

Para writing practice

Five years on Nitish Kataraís mother awaits justice, the case had seen many ups and downs, but her mother wants the culprits to be brought to book. The prime accused are Vikas and Vishal yadav. Nitish Katara was killed on 20th Feb 2002. Vikas and Vishal yadav didnít liked the proximity of his sister(vikasís sister) and Nitish. At the marriage function they both abducted Nitish and brought him to the village, where he was allegedly murdered. After five years today court will pronounce its verdict on the case, hope justice will be delivered.

Please chedck the above para for any grammar errors

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Para writing practice

Five years after Nitish Kataraís death, his mother still awaits justice. The case has been through many ups and downs, but she wants the culprits judged. Nitish Katara was killed on 20th Feb 2002. Vikas and Vishal Yadav, the main suspects, didnít like the proximity of Vikasís sister and Nitish. They are thought to have kidnapped Nitish at the wedding ceremony and brought him to the village, where, allegedly, he was murdered. Today, after a five years holdout, the Court will pronounce its verdict on the case. Hopefuly, justice will be delivered.

I'm not a teacher but I've done my best. This way I can practice too.
    By the way, if we don't know the family name of Vikas, we can think he and Vishal are brothers (
    "Vikas and Vishal Yadav")

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Five years after Nitish Kataraís death, his mother still awaits justice. The case has been through many ups and downs, but she wants the culprits judged. Nitish Katara was killed on 20th Feb 2002. Vikas and Vishal Yadav, the main suspects, didnít like the proximity of Vikasís sister and Nitish. They are thought to have kidnapped Nitish at the wedding ceremony and brought him to the village, where, allegedly, he was murdered. Today, after a five years holdout, the Court will pronounce its verdict on the case. Hopefuly, justice will be delivered.

I'm not a teacher but I've done my best. This way I can practice too.
    By the way, if we don't know the family name of Vikas, we can think he and Vishal are brothers ( "Vikas and Vishal Yadav")
    Thanks for your contribution and you were indeed reight that both are brothers

• Post Thanks / Like

Five years after Nitish Katara’s death, his mother still awaits justice. The case has been through many ups and downs, but she wants the culprits judged. Nitish Katara was killed on 20th Feb 2002. Vikas and Vishal Yadav, the main suspects, didn’t like the proximity of Vikas’ sister and Nitish. They are thought to have kidnapped Nitish at the wedding ceremony and brought him to the village, where, allegedly, he was murdered. Today, after a five years holdout, the Court will pronounce its verdict on the case. Hopefuly, justice will be delivered.

Sorry, I didn't see that apostrophe. Anyway, now I get a different meaning to the text. You mean they didn't like their sister having an afair with Nitish?
    And, did they see them take Nitish away with them?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

Five years after Nitish Kataraís death, his mother still awaits justice. The case has been through many ups and downs, but she wants the culprits judged. Nitish Katara was killed on 20th Feb 2002. Vikas and Vishal Yadav, the main suspects, didnít like the proximity of Vikasí sister and Nitish. They are thought to have kidnapped Nitish at the wedding ceremony and brought him to the village, where, allegedly, he was murdered. Today, after a five years holdout, the Court will pronounce its verdict on the case. Hopefuly, justice will be delivered.

Sorry, I didn't see that apostrophe. Anyway, now I get a different meaning to the text. You mean they didn't like their sister having an afair with Nitish?
    And, did they see them take Nitish away with them?
    Yes your analyses is right

• Post Thanks / Like

Then I will give it another go:

Five years after Nitish Kataraís death, his mother still awaits justice. The case has been through many ups and downs, but she wants the culprits judged.
    Nitish Katara was killed on 20th Feb 2002. Main suspects Vikas and Vishal Yadav disapproved their sister's relationship with Nitish, and they took him away from the wedding ceremony to the village where, allegedly, he was murdered. Today, after a five years holdout, the Court will pronounce its verdict on the case. Hopefuly, justice will be delivered.

That's the best I can do; let's wait for a native English speaker to say their word

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

Then I will give it another go:

Five years after Nitish Katara’s death, his mother still awaits justice. The case has been through many ups and downs, but she wants the culprits judged. Nitish Katara was killed on 20th Feb 2002. Main suspects Vikas and Vishal Yadav disapproved their sister's relationship with Nitish, and they took him away from the wedding ceremony to the village where, allegedly, he was murdered. Today, after a five years holdout, the Court will pronounce its verdict on the case. Hopefuly, justice will be delivered.

That's the best I can do; let's wait for a native English speaker to say their word
    Thanks buddy
    it means my writing style is not proper and not understood clearly lots of practice need

one more thing
    the case had seen many ups and downs or The case has been through many ups and downs

Is my sentence wrong why we can't use that tense?

• Post Thanks / Like

With due respect, you're taking the wrong approach, mate.

I think (and you should, too) that you are a hard worker, advanced student on his way to achieve his goals.
    Keep on trying, you're on the right track!

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post

one more thing
    the case had seen many ups and downs or The case has been through many ups and downs

Is my sentence wrong why we can't use that tense?
    You see, since I'm not a native English speaker, I just let my guts guide me.
    I have changed slightly some of your expressions, but not meaning they are wrong; only it sounds better to me the other way round.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

You see, since I'm not a native English speaker, I just let my guts guide me.
    I have changed slightly some of your expressions, but not meaning they are wrong; only it sounds better to me the other way round.
    Ok So lets wait for native speakers to comment on it