• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Post I'd like to know whether my understanding is right.

Example.
    Colin: We have what we call "Tour Books" for different areas, and they outline the places you can stay and some of the attractions. Some of the most popular places for people in B.C. to go are over to Vancouver Island and Long Beach area, as well as into the interior, to the Okanagan, and doing wine tours, as well as to Jasper and Banff are very popular. Going down into the States to Seattle is very popular with our members. In the wintertime, we do a lot of package trips for people wanting to go to the ski [inaudible], to ski or just experience the snow culture.

Question-1 (For using over)
    I know that "over" has a lot of meaning.
    I think that "over" is used as the meaning of "at some distance, as in a direction indicated". so "over to Vancouver Island and Long Beach area" is a place which is nearby Vancouver Island and Long Beach area.

Right?

Question-2 (For using interior)
    Above sentences, do "into the interior" indicate the interior of Vancouver Island and Long Beach area?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: I'd like to know whether my understanding is right.

Quote Originally Posted by KIMJONGEUN View Post
    Example.
    Colin: We have what we call "Tour Books" for different areas, and they outline the places you can stay and some of the attractions. Some of the most popular places for people in B.C. to go are over to Vancouver Island and Long Beach area, as well as into the interior, to the Okanagan, and doing wine tours, as well as to Jasper and Banff are very popular. Going down into the States to Seattle is very popular with our members. In the wintertime, we do a lot of package trips for people wanting to go to the ski [inaudible], to ski or just experience the snow culture.

Question-1 (For using over)
    I know that "over" has a lot of meaning. "over" can be omitted and it can just say "...for people in B.C. to go to are Vancouver Island...".
    I think that "over" is used as the meaning of "at some distance, as in a direction indicated". Yes, but not a large distance. so "over to Vancouver Island and Long Beach area" is a place which is nearby Vancouver Island and Long Beach area. No, it is nearby the lower mainland of B.C., that is the Vancouver area. (note...Vancouver is not on Vancouver Island; it is on the mainland of B.C.)

Right?

Question-2 (For using interior)
    Above sentences, do "into the interior" indicate the interior of Vancouver Island and Long Beach area?
    No, it means into the interior of mainland B.C., towards the east, away from the ocean.