Vision,Premonition

Hello dear teachers,
    I need help with the very tiny difference between these words.I've been told to find them for my class tomorrow. My biggest problem here is that these words have more than one meaning and I just don't know which one is to be compared.
    I have just added my own understanding of the meanings and you please help me with knowing which meaning should be compared and about the differences and correct me if I'm wrong.

1- vision...visionary:

My understanding: Vision:1: A picture or image you have on your mind which is not related to facts or reality or future ... .
    vision:2: A state or situation when you are experiencing a spiritual sight, perception or Inspiration from God which usually tells you something about future, truth or other extra sensory situations wich can not be defined logically.

Visionary:1:Thinking about or planning the future with imagination or wisdom.
    Visionary:2: A person who experiences a vision or apparition.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    -Is there any difference between the 1st meanings?[/font]

2- Premonition ... intuition :
    Premonition: A situation when future events are foreseen, foreknown or forecast, and the difference between this word and prediction is that a premonition includes more details and therefore it can be more accurate!(I'm not truely sure about this part)

Intuition: The ability to undersand something immediately without reasonning which could be about future or the truth about the present time!(I'm not sure again)
    ------------------------------------
    Please correct me or add more:

The difference: Premonition is just a situation when you feel something is going to happen, and it is always about future, But intuition is an ability which could not be gained by practicing etc and and those who have this ability can understand the truth about things and events etc which could be about future or not.

Our teacher is so strict about using the right word in the right place, and if by any chance I misuse declare or state or asert etc for example, She asks me to correct my sentence, so I should be so careful about telling the diference between the words above

I give you many thanks for reading this in advance.
    Regards.
    Last edited by atlaisha; 28-May-2008 at 23:45.

Re: Vision,Premonition

Quote Originally Posted by atlaisha View Post
    1- vision...visionary:

My understanding:
    Vision:1: A picture or image you have on your mind which is not related to facts or reality or future ... . There is not usually a necessary link to the future. A vision is something you see that is not physically present
    vision:2: A state or situation when you are experiencing a spiritual sight, perception or inspiration from God which usually tells you something about future, truth or other extra sensory situations which cannot be defined logically.

Visionary:1:Thinking about or planning the future with imagination or wisdom.
    Visionary:2: A person who experiences a vision or apparition.
    -Is there any difference between the 1st meanings?[/font]

2- Premonition ... intuition :
    Premonition: A situation when future events are foreseen, foreknown or forecast, and the difference between this word and prediction is that a premonition includes more details and therefore it can be more accurate!(I'm not truely sure about this part)

Intuition: The ability to undersand something immediately without reasoning which could be about future or the truth about the present time!(I'm not sure again)
    ------------------------------------
    Please correct me or add more:

The difference: Premonition is just a situation when you feel something is going to happen, and it is always about future, But intuition is an ability which could not be gained by practicing etc and and those who have this ability can understand the truth about things and events etc which could be about future or not.

Our teacher is so strict about using the right word in the right place, and if by any chance I misuse declare or state or assert etc for example, She asks me to correct my sentence, so I should be so careful about telling the diference between the words above

I give you many thanks for reading this in advance.
    Regards.
    A premonition is a pre-cognition/presentiment of something that is about to happen or will happen. It is not a "situation" but a feeling.

Intuition is an ability to understand or know something immediately without needing to think about it, learn it or discover it by using reason. It is not concerned with the future but with understanding something now.