I'm not a techer, but I have studied quite a lot on my own.
1. Find the lyrics of the songs you like. You will learn a lot of vocabulary and pronuntiation.
2. watch films in English with subtitles:
a- in your mother tongue, to get a general meaning
b- in English, so you can associate the words with the sounds.
3. Browse the Internet for articles and google each word/idiom you want to know more about.
4. Find some online dictionaries (not translators), to find the words you don't know.
5. Find a nice forum where you can ask a techer when in doubt... Wait, but you have already done that, havent you?