Talking exam

Hi everybody, I did an english exam and I'd like you to give me your opinion.

In Western Europe and the USA, family life (1) has changed dramatically over the last forty years. The number of families that depend (2) ………….... both parents going out to work, or where (3) …………….. is one parent raising the children alone, is much greater than it (4) ………………. to be. Also, many more people move away from their families (5) ….......... ever before. (6) …………………. these changes, most people still think (7) ……………….. their family as one of the most significant parts of (8) …………… lives.

2. ON
    3. THERE
    4. USED
    5. THAN??? I DIDN'T ANSWER THIS.
    6. DESPITE, IN SPITE OF
    7. ABOUT, OFF
    8. THEIR

Britain is a multicultural society. Britain most (1) popular meal is not roast beef, but curry. People in London speak (2) more than 300 ............ languages. That's more languages than in any (3) .......... city in the world. Many immigrants to Britain have (4) ........... become part of multi- cultural Britain.

2. DIFFERENT
    3. OTHER
    4. STILL, NOW OR YET???? I think "yet" is wrong cuz it's an afirmative sentence.

THX in advance.

Re: exam

Quote Originally Posted by militroncho View Post
    Hi everybody, I did an english exam and I'd like you to give me your opinion.

In Western Europe and the USA, family life (1) has changed dramatically over the last forty years. The number of families that depend (2) ……on.... both parents going out to work, or where (3) …………….. is one parent raising the children alone, is much greater than it (4) ………………. to be. Also, many more people move away from their families (5) ….......... ever before. (6) …………………. these changes, most people still think (7) ……………….. their family as one of the most significant parts of (8) …………… lives.

2. ON
    3. THERE
    4. USED
    5. THAN
    6. DESPITE
    7. OF
    8. THEIR

Britain is a multicultural society. Britain most (1) popular meal is not roast beef, but curry. People in London speak (2) more than 300 ............ languages. That's more languages than in any (3) .......... city in the world. Many immigrants to Britain have (4) ........... become part of multi- cultural Britain.

2. DIFFERENT
    3. OTHER
    4. Already

THX in advance.
    My two cents

THX KRAKEN but in the second part, in number two, they did'nt give me this option. They only gave me YET, NOW AND STILL. I think "still" is the correct but I'm not sure.

SORRY, in number 4 instead number 2

I don't think so, mate. Still means "todavνa".
    I would say "now", but I'm not sure.

By the way, what are you studying?

English, of course. jejeje.
    This is the intermediate english level exam. I'm studying BASIC 2 at Official Languages School in Palma.