Student or Learner
”You're not the truth
No one could look as good as you
1. What does ‘mercy’ mean here? Is it common usage?
“Pretty woman, won't you pardon me”
2. Is it OK to say ‘will you pardon me’? Any difference?
”Pretty woman, look my way
Pretty woman, say you'll stay with me”
3. What does ‘look my way’ mean? Is it common usage?
“Pretty woman, don't walk on by”
4. What does ‘walk on by’ mean? Is it the same as ‘walk by’ in meaning?
“If that's the way it must be, OK
I guess I'll go on home, it's late
There'll be tomorrow night”
5. Is ‘I’ll go on home’ the same as ‘I’ll go home’ in meaning?
Pretty Woman Lyrics
'Yes, there is a difference. (Do you want to change the lyrics?)
Those lyrics are a way of saying, "I hope I'm not going overboard.'
No, I don't want to change the lyrics but what's the difference between the two 'will you pardon me' and 'won't you pardon me'?
go overboard - to do or say something that is too extreme for a particular situation: (Longman dictionary) I hope politicians will not go overboard in trying to control the press.
What does 'look my way' mean? Can you give an example?
Thanks for the reply.