Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Most of my writing experience has been science writing (for a university) and journalism (small newspapers). My experience has been that anything after a second rewrite is too much. The best draft is either the first one or the second. Just my experience.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum, hidemoto.

Please correct the information in your profile or explain how Assamese is the native language of a Vietnamese citizen.

We like to think that our members are telling the truth about themselves.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Spammer- gone from the forum.

DavidIR

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Dean Koontz, if I remember the spelling of his name correctly, writes popular horror fiction in the United States. Years ago he wrote that for every page of a book he gets published, he has written 9 drafts on average. In other words, every page is rewritten and rewritten and rewritten. He considers this part of the writing process.

Why would anyone rewrite that much? If the goal is a piece that catches the reader's attention, is consistently interesting, flows smoothly, and is intellectually and emotionally powerful, but the writer has to rewrite and rewrite to get the piece up to that standard, he just puts in the time and energy and does it.

I remember that in high school, rewriting a book report just to make it legible seemed a nuisance to me. But reading this comment by Mr. Koontz changed my whole attitude about rewriting. Since then, I've always considered the rewriting process as equally important as my original ideas. And I don't complain, no matter how long it takes to rewrite a piece. I just keep working.

Until the text is 100% unique.

stephenbock

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Setswana
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Argentina
Such a nice forum discussion. I am one of the writers and editors, associated with [removed name of company] since a decade. My site provide you a high-quality [removed name of company] in Malaysia by PhD experts in your given deadline at affordable price. We are available 24x7. Chat Now! Welcome)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
There are at least seven errors in your post, so we wouldn't be recommending your website to anybody, even if it didn't contravene the 'no spam' rule.

Additionally, your member info is clearly fabricated, so you're banned.

panistefanin

Banned
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello! I really liked your story. Thank you! [link deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Please take it further and ban fools like this. This thread will attract spammers. I will close it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.