Student or Learner
When do you say food and when do you say foods? very confusing. for example , in the following sentence, which is correct? Also, if you see any other problems, can I have your comments? Thanks a lot!!!!!
1.XX is a korean traditional food or xx is one of korean traditiona foods.
2. Eating XX in hog summer is an old customs( or custom???) in Korea.
3. A long time ago(???) people started eating XX.
Last edited by Clark; 03-Jun-2008 at 09:12.
I'm not a native speaker of English, so please take it as my personal opinion. I think you could say....
1. XX is a traditional Korean food. or XX is one of the traditional Korean foods.
2. Eating XX in hot summer is an old custom in Korea.
3. A long time ago, people started eating XX. or People started eating XX a long time ago.
As for the difference between "food" and "foods", I think...
when you are talking about many kinds of food, you use "foods," and
when talking about food in general, you use "food."
I can't explain it well in English, so please wait for others to respond to this one.Please forgive me if I am wrong.
Sorry, I missed an article in my previous post.
a long time ago. Will correct it.